Wednesday, December 26, 2018

The 20 Best Albums of 2018 (Part 2/2)


This is the second part of the list of the 20 best albums of 2018 according Jus' Sayingg.
I want to tell you that I chose these 20 albums following the next points: because of its musical production, if they show an evolution musically (according the artists/band/and so on), and if I really liked it or not.

Troye Sivan – Bloom 

Album cover
Release date: August 31st, 2018
Here it comes another fascinating young artist that has proven how great you can be when you really know who you are and what you want. As "universal acclaim" has been described "Bloom," which is Troye Sivan's second album, imagine how ahead is Troye from tha game, that in only a few years he has shown all of his talenten and how far he can go with her music. This record has beautiful songs about love, breakup, and sexuality. Musically, it has an 90s vibe pop and it's very catchy and enjoyable. My favorite track is "Dance to This" (featuring Ariana Grande).

Metric – Art of Doubt 

Album cover
Release date: September 21st, 2018
You could say that 2018 was just reggaeton or trap, but Metric came to save us from all that reppetitive stuff. "Art of Doubt" is the seventh studio album by Canadian indie rock band and it was one of the best albums that were released in 2018. Why? Because it has the great alternative rock and synth-rock sound, it's pretty fresh, catchy and it sounds somehow familiar. This album talks about different issues; such as, search of a new life, pain, love, obssesion, taking risks in life, among others. Metric did an amazing job with this album and it was a savior from all the same stuff from radio. My favorite track was "Love You Back".

Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – A Star is Born 

Album cover
Release date: October 5th, 2018
What Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper did with the original soundtrack for the film "A Star is Born" is pretty special; however, we won't talk about if the movie was good as good as the music, but the soundtrack is glorious. If you didn't watched the movie, you don't have to do it to love this album. Bradley blew my mind, because I didn't knew how well he could sing and well, all we know the amazing skills of Lady Gaga. "A Star is Born" soundtrack has fascinating songs, each track is a masterpiece; lyrically, musically, the production, the melodies and rhythms, their vocals, everything is on point. My favorite track by Gaga was "Is That Alright?" and by Bradley was "Out of Time".

twenty one pilots - Trench 

Album cover
Release date: October 5th, 2018
Let me tell you that the first time that I heard it, I wasn't sure about if I liked it or not; however, as I listened to it a couple of more times, I understood the whole concept and the "world" they created. "Trench" is the first album by twenty one pilots that made me emotional, because it's very honest and raw. Tyler sounds very vulnerable and he sings about personal issues, in a way that hits you hard with his vulnerability. Musically, it has explosive tracks, but most of the songs are type of ballads. My favorite track was "Bandito".

MØ – Forever Neverland 

Album cover
Release date: October 19th, 2018
After four years without releasing a full-length, the Danish singer and songwriter MØ came to let us know why she's one of the best artists from our times. "Forever Neverland" is the proof tha she's very multifaceted when it comes to re-creating herself. This new record sounds fresh and joyful, even when most of the tracks are nostalgic. MØ is a great singer and in this album, I feel like she's finally "boasting" her singing skills and as songwriter. My favorite track was "Red Wine" featuring Empress Of.

Robyn – Honey 

Album cover
Release date: October 26th, 2018
This is Robyn's eight album and it was also released after eight years of hiatus! The wait was worth it, because "Honey" is full of her electro-pop style and it was "universal acclaim", scoring 89/100. Robyn has made a unique album that sounds very innovative, even when she's "reviving" the vibes of the disco and dance without letting her pop essence. I don't have anything more to say about it, because when something is well done, it doesn't need much explanation. My favorite track was "Send to Robin Immediately".

Rosalía - El Mal Querer 

Album cover
Release date: November 2nd, 2018
This is the first time that I decided to choose an album in Spanish, but believe me, it's totally worth it. "El mal querer" (English: Bad loving) is the second studio album by Spanish singer Rosalía and it's a masterpiece. This record has 11 tracks, where we can immerse ourselves in her flamenco-pop, synth-pop, seguidilla, tango, fandango, and alternative sounds. It's also the first time that I listen to this music genre, you know, I'm Mexican so I'm not used to listen to flamenco music. Lyrically, "El mal querer" is a whole story inspired by a book that she read, so each song tells a chapter of it. If you don't speak/know Spanish, it doesn't matter, you'll love it. My favorite track was "Pienso en tu mirá" (Cap. 3: Celos).

Mon Laferte – Norma 

Album cover
Release date: November 9th, 2018
Here it is another album in Spanish, but this time is by Chilean singer-songwriter Mon Laferte. "Norma" is her second name and it was chosen as the title for her fifth album, she also said that she thinks it's her favorite record up to date, because of all the things that she lived in the making of the album. I want to tell you, "Norma" was recorded at Capitol Records studio in Los Angeles without editing and done in one shot! This album is so beautiful and magestic. Musically, it's a mixture between salsa, mambo, danzón, cumbia, and pop. Lyrically, you'll find songs about love, breakups, relationships, and pain. I'll repeat it, even if you don't speak Spanish, listen to it! My favorite track was "Si Alguna Vez" featuring El David Aguilar.

Muse - Simulation Theory 

Album cover
Release date: November 9th, 2018
"Simulation Theory" is the eighth studio album by English rock band Muse and this is another example of a stunning re-creation of the band. This album could be described as synth-rock, alternative-rock and pop. Personally, I really loved this new one, because it sounds different, but not too different; you still know that you're listening to Muse. Evolution is necessary and that's what Muse is doing, they still have their unique style, amazing guitar solos, powerful lyrics, and that good stuff that they always give us. My favorite track was "Break It to Me".

Rita Ora – Phoenix 

Album cover
Release date: November 23rd, 2018
Surprisingly cohesive and consistent, Rita Ora came to present us her second studio album "Phoenix", after six years of wait. I have to accept that I wasn't waiting something as good as this album, but do not misunderstand, I love her style and music; however, her debut album released in 2012 wasn't that cohesive and consistent as this one. Certainly, Rita has reborn as a phoenix. Lyrically, it has great songs about the complexity of love, pain, breaukups, being lost, lovers, among others. Honestly, I loved it. My favorite track was "Let You Love Me".

These were the 20 best albums of 2018 according to me and I really would like to know what do you think about it. Have you every hear one of these? What's your favorite one? Do you agree with the list? Which othe album was missing according you? Let me know your opinion and don't forget to share this post if you liked it.

Click here to read the part 1 of this list

Click here to listen to the playlist I made in Spotify with the best songs from this 20 best albums of 2018

0 comentarios: