Monday, October 17, 2016

Album Review: Kings of Leon - WALLS

Album cover
Walls is the seventh studio album by American rock band Kings of Leon. It was released on October 14th, 2016. The album title is an abbreviation for We Are Like Love Songs.

I will be honest with you, I used to consider Kings of Leon as just another rock band with boring songs. However, since I have this music blog, I have started listening to bands and singers that I didn't used to listen before, so I have learned to appreciate other musical genres. Thus, Walls is the first album from this band that I listen.

Lyrically, in the album we will find songs about heart break ups, love, suicide and other life issues. While, rhythmically Walls follows the same style that their previous albums and here is when I start with "bad" comments, because even when I said that I didn't used to listen their music, I knew how their music style was. Therefore, I have noticed that Kings of Leon have not explored new things nor sounds. However, it is a pretty good album.

"You always seem to come my way
Come and take your shape
Out in the stars
I really wanna know your name"



Let's begin talking about the album, starting with the first track called Waste a Moment, that is one of the most rhythmic tracks along with Around the World, Eyes on You and Find Me, which is also one of the best tracks from the album, and my favorite one from it. Find Me is about finding a new love (love at first sight), I really love the lyrics of the song and the rhythm is great, it is so "Kings of Leon".
There is one song that has an interesting story behind. I am talking about the second track called Reverend, it talks about "the life of Blaze Foley, a country singer who, after living a tragic life, died by gunshot at 39 years old in 1989."

In general, the album have mostly ballads, such as: Muchacho, Conversation Piece, Wild and the second single and title track off Kings of Leon’s album Walls. However, the darkest song in the album is Over. The fifth track is about "a friend wanting to commit suicide", called Kenny. The band talked about the songs saying the following: “It’s very personal, and to the people involved who know what that song’s about, for them it’s like, ‘Holy shit!’ But if you kind of look back on stuff that’s happened years ago, if it still means something, then you should write about it.”

Walls by Kings of Leon is a great album with amazing songs and unforgettable lyrics. Nevertheless, they are not proposing anything new musically speaking. I know that they are recognized as one of the best rock bands, but they have to explore something new, if they want to be remembered.

Kings of Leon - Walls: ★★★★  

Now it's your turn to write your comment about it. Did you liked this album? What was your favorite song? Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Facebook (@JusSayinggBlog) and to visit the other posts. Furthermore, you can read the other album reviews that you will find here.


0 comentarios: