Friday, October 21, 2016

Album Review: Two Door Cinema Club - Gameshow

Album cover
Gameshow is the third studio album by Irish indie rock band Two Door Cinema Club. It was released on October 14th, 2016.

Personally, it is the first album that I hear from they, but when they released the first single of the album, they caught my eye because of their original music style and fresh sound. After listening it several times, I can tell you that Gameshow is one of my favorite albums of 2016 and I will tell you why.
Musically, Gameshow is an pop rock album with a lot of synthesizers, so several songs have electro pop vibes. Lyrically, you will find songs about love, self conifdence, breakups, consumerism, modern life and other life issues.

Are We Ready? (Wreck) is the lead single and first song that TDCC released, this song talks about consumerism and modern life. According to the band, the sound of the song was influenced by several artists: “I think the influences batted around were mostly Prince, Bowie, Miguel and Kanye West. All the greats. It’s not like we suddenly sound like them though.”

In general, Gameshow is very energetic and all the songs are very danceable and have amazing disco vibes, for example, Bad Decisions, Gameshow and Je Viens De La (which means: I come from there). However, there are a couple of songs that can be described as ballads, for instance, Lavender and Invincible, which is a song about a breakup and I consider it as the most vulnerable track on the album, because the lyrics are very honest and emotional. Also, I noticed that in Invincible, Alex Trimble's voice sounds very similar to Freddie Mercury's tone of voice.


"I know you're leaving

Cause I always take too long
Cause I always get it wrong
I'm a fool, I'm not defeated"


On the other hand, Surgery is the most electronic song and we can noticed that in Gameshow the synthesizer was an important instrument. The use of drugs, fame and bad behaviour are other topics that have served as inspiration for two tracks, Ordinary and Fever. Actually, these two tracks have very interesting lyrics, for example, in Ordinary I understood that is about a person who consumes drugs, but he tries to cover it up, in order to look as an ordinary person. While, Fever that same person tries to improve his life adding meaning to his life, having some relapses.

I will finish this, talking about one of my favorite songs. It is called Good Morning and I liked it because the meaning of the song for me is that, everybody have two sides the positive one and the negative side, that we can be both.

I really loved Two Door Cinema Club's album. Gameshow is a refreshing album, that all veverybody should listen, because it so good.

Two Door Cinema Club - Gameshow: ★★★★★

Now it's your turn to write your comment about it. Did you liked this album? What was your favorite song? Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Facebook (@JusSayinggBlog) and to visit the other posts. Furthermore, you can read the other album reviews that you will find here.



0 comentarios: