Friday, December 8, 2017

EP review: Qveen Herby - EP 2

EP cover
Qveen Herby has been killing it since Amy Renee (the girl from Karmin) had the idea of recreating herself. Her "EP 2" has five tracks and with each one of them, she is building her throne and the whole empire! It was released on December 1st, 2017 and it has some new iconic tracks.

Her "EP 1" which was released in this same year, is one of those EPs that cannot be compared nor outdone; however, this new EP is made me say "Qveen is here to stay centuries!" Believe me. In the first track, qveen is telling to her man that he is with a keeper and that she's the boss and what she wants and needs. If we talk about its sound, "Wifey" (the first track) and "Bank" (featuring Maliibu Miitch & Monogem) have like an Egyptian vibe, because she's a Qveen and well, Cleopatra was a badass queen as Herby (my example is great, did you notice it? hahaha).

In the top of this EP  goes the third track titled "Holiday," because it is like the anthem that I never wrote, but it wasn't necessary, because Herby did it for me. This song has a different sound, like a little bit more pop, but she keeps that r&b vibe. The truth is that it has some memorable verses and it's so catchy that it will be stuck on my mind for the following years. It is now one of my anthems until I die, just check it out to the chorus (well, part of it):

"I need a holiday
I been goin' hard like there's somethin' wrong with me
Book a flight for Miami, day
I'll lay around by the beach naked"



Almost at the end it comes "Well Dressed" where she's telling us that she is so fav and a "well dressed mothafucka'" its beat is more dark and her vocals are great. Sadly, this EP just have five tracks, but it ends with a bop! It was the first single from it and its name is "Love Myself." I have to admit that it was my favorite song, but "Holiday" got the place (but it's so near). Nevertheless, this last song is so cool that if I were a singer I would like to stole it and make it mine. It has unforgettable parts and I love how the piano sounds, it's just an iconic song!

Now you already know what I think about Qveen Herby's "EP 2" and if you haven't heard it for some weird reason, listen it now! And also buy it, I mean, it's pretty cool and if you want to be a cool mothefvcker, it has to be part of your playlist.

Tell me guys, what was your favorite song from the EP? Write it down and let's keep in touch. I'm so happy to be back and if you feel the same, please comment and/or share this blog. Remember that the official twitter of this blog is @JusSayinggBlog and Facebook @JusSayinggBlog also my personal insta is on the left top of this page. Thanks for still been here and see you later with new posts!

Qveen Herby - EP 2: ★★★★



0 comentarios: