Sunday, December 17, 2017

Album Review: INNA - Nirvana

Album cover
The Rumanian dance-queen has released her new album titled "Nirvana," (released on December 11th, 2017) it has 12 tracks and three of them are in her native tongue (Rumanian, just to make it clear, hahaha), so here it is my review about it.

I listen to INNA's music since her big debut in 2009, so I can say that I have seen her evolution as singer and I know very well how her music style has evolved. For that reason, I have to say that "Nirvana" doesn't show a difference of what we have been listening in the last years. I could say that "Nirvana" is like the second part of her previous album released in 2015 called "INNA." However, in "Nirvana" she is using more the tropical sound of the trumpets and also back-voices as part of the beat in most of the tracks. Even when she's not propossing something new musically, this album is lit and there are a lot of bops!

As she has been doing it in her previous albums, in "Nirvana" she keeps mixing the use of Spanish with English (Spanglish as we call it in Mexico) in several songs. The examples of it are the songs; "Ruleta" (in English roulette) featuring Erik, which is the first track off the album, "Don't Mind," "Tropical" and in the title single "Nirvana." All these past songs that I mentioned are so danceable and have catchy chorus, but I have to say that musically "Tropical" is pretty cool. INNA loves to sing about party and love, so this album is about it.
My favorite track was "Hands Up," because the chorus has a nice flow and I really like its beat, it's impossible not to dance and hum it. In this song she sings about enjoying the party while she's looking for her crush.

"Step by step, I got you breaking
Walls up high but Imma pull them down
Take that heart and make it vacant, baby
Gotta surrender yourself to the bounce"

INNA

If you remember, I said that the use of trompets is very noticeable in this album; well, "My Dreams" has a great beat and it talks about dreaming about her crush and not wanting to waking up. Another wind instrument that I heard is in the song "Lights," and it sounds like a flut, this song also has a different beat in comparasion with the other tracks and the flute gives like a Japanese vibe. The last track in English is "Dream About the Ocean," where INNA sings about thinking about the ocean, in order to de-stress.
The last three tracks are collabarations (except the track 11) with other Rumanian artists. It is the first time that she includes two tracks that "aren't her songs," because in "Nota de plată" and "Tu și eu" INNA is the collaborator. The truth is that Rumanian language sounds pretty exotic and beautiful, by its sound it reminded me to Portuguese. 

INNA is a great singer and her talent always is the first thing that shines in her albums. In "Nirvana" she keeps giving us tropical vibes through the use of trumpets and a dose of mystery with the use of back-voices in her new songs.

My favorite song: "Hands Up"
INNA - Nirvana: ★★★★

Tell me guys, what was your favorite song from the album? Write it down and let's keep in touch. I'm so happy to be back and if you feel the same, please comment and / or share this blog. Remember that the official twitter of this blog is @JusSayinggBlog and Facebook @JusSayinggBlog also my staff is on the left top of this page. Thanks for still been here and see you later with new posts!

Listen it on Spotify
Buy it on iTunes

0 comentarios: