Sunday, December 17, 2017

Mixtape Review: Charli XCX - Pop 2

Mixtape cover

The incredible Charli XCX has gave us a new mixtape (yes, a second one!). "Pop 2" (released on December 15th, 2017) its name and I don't understand how just one girl can create such bops at an early age! The best thing about it, is that she isn't alone, because the whole mixtape is full of dope collaborations. 

First of all, what is a mixtape? "the term mixtape is used to describe certain types of recordings, typically self-produced and independently released albums, that are issued free of charge to gain publicity or circumvent possible copyright infringement." (Wikipedia, n. d.) 
Clarified that point, let's start with its review and let me tell you that I have some relevant things to say about it. First, I thought that "Pop 2"wasn't going to be as lit as her previous mixtape "Number 1 Angel" released in March 10th, 2017, but I was wrong. 

In general, this new mixtape is more electronic and with more collaborations, so its power is double! Charli knows how to write real party and love anthems, mixed with the most crazy beats. "Pop 2" has ten tracks and each one is so unique, but at the same time it's a solid mixtape. The first track is "Backseat" featuring Carly Rae Jepsen, in this song she talks about trying to ignore the coments from people and herselve, saying that her relationship is bad; I have to say that Carly's voice sounds good with Charli. "Out of My Head" (featuring Alma and Tove Lo) was a great surprise, because they three are friends and it's the first time that are together in one song and let me tell you that together, they are pure fire. In this song, they talk about an obsessive love that a girl could feel by a guy.
Even when most of the songs have danceable beats, there are a few electro ballads; for example, "Lucky" where she sings with a robotized voice, "Tears" (featuring Caroline Polachek) and the last song titled "Track 10," where she sings about being tied to a stormy relationship that she can not leave; musically, it has vocal effects and in some parts the beat goes up.

"Sorry, I'm a little scared
But no one ever really cared
I took you for granted
Just a big misunderstandin'"

Charli XCX
I have to tell you that I heard this mixtape in my stereo and it was freaking awesome! I mean, the bass from the whole songs sounded so cool; however, the songs that I most enjoyed were "I Got It" featuring Brooke Candy, Cupcakke and Pabllo Vittar; which is also very electronic and robotic, "Femmebot" featuring Dorian Electra and Mykki Blanco; where Charli compares herself to the functions a robot has when she's in love. Now I will talk about my favorite song that was "Unlock It" (featuring Kim Petras and Jay Park), I really like the flow of the intro where she says: "Lock it, lock it, lock-lock it, lock it, lock it. Unlock it Got the key can you unlock it?" It's like my favorite part, but I also like that she's very creative writing song, I don't understand how she create dope lyrics.

Almost at the end, there's the second collaboration that she does with MØ. The song is called "Porsche" that is a sad song, because she knows that her guy is liying to her and she tries to cover the noise of her tears by the sound of the Porsche. 
I wanted to end the review with the most hot song that was "Delicious" (featuring Tommy Cash), it talks about her desire of being with her boy and touch his "treasure." Musically, this song is a bop and there's is a verse where Charli's voice have an effect and it sounds so good!

"Pop 2" by Charli XCX is totally and album that will make you cry by her sad lyrics while you dance, because we can't deny that each song is a bop! This is how you end a year, giving an amazing mixtape that will serve as the playlist for all the parties that are about to start.


Charli XCX - Pop 2: ★★★★★
My favorite song: "Unlock It" (featuring Kim Petras & Jay Park)

Tell me guys, what was your favorite song from the album? Write it down and let's keep in touch. I'm so happy to be back and if you feel the same, please comment and / or share this blog. Remember that the official twitter of this blog is @JusSayinggBlog and Facebook @JusSayinggBlog also my staff is on the left top of this page. Thanks for still been here and see you later with new posts!

Listen it on Spotify
Buy it on iTunes


0 comentarios: