Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Album Review: OneRepublic - Oh My My

Album cover
Oh My My is the fourth studio album by American pop rock band OneRepublic. It was released on October 7th, 2016.

Lyrically, I think that there are more songs about love and relationships than about breakups. However, you can find songs about hope and life, there are songs for everybody and for several life issues. Talking rhythmically, I noticed new sounds that there had not in their past album Native, because in Oh My My they explored more electronic beats and the use of synthesizers in the songs. 

The first track is a ballad called Let's Hurt Tonight, it is about: "No matter how much their love is hurting and destroying them, its not enough to break up their love." Followed by one of the most beautiful tracks from the whole album; Future Looks Good, it gives a hope mood to the album.
Oh My My has two versions, the standard with 16 tracks and the deluxe with two bonus tracks and two different versions of Better and Heaven, so I will talk about some of the most "interesting" songs from it, because if I talk about each one of the tracks, it could take me a lot of paragraphs.

"I told myself that I don’t care
I found some new innovations
Might just be my imagination
But people can dream"


Firstly, I want to talk about my favorite song, it was the fifth track called Dream. It is about being always positive in what we believe, even if there are people against our thoughts. I have to admit that it was difficult to choose just one song as my favorite, because Born and Wherever I Go are pretty cool. 

Now, I will tell you what are the most rhythmical songs on the album. Oh My My is the first one, this collaboration with the French musical duo called Cassius is one of the most danceable tracks and its 90's vibe is amazing. Of course, A.I .featuring Peter Gabriel is also in this list. Personally, A.I. has the most electronic track because of the use of one keytar and its end is very original, because it sounds like a different song. Also, Better, Lift Me Up, NbHD (featuring Santigold), All These Things, Heaven and Human are very rhythmic songs and this last one (Human) has a very interesting story behind. The concept of Human is about: "of someone who’s lost touch with God turning to Him only during a bad experience, with God in return trying to sympathize with their pain."
But if you want to listen something more slow, there are several great ballads, such as: Choke, Fingertips, Colors and The Less I Know have beautiful messages. 

OneRepublic - Oh My My: ★★★★★  

Now it's your turn to write your comment about it. Did you liked this album? What was your favorite song? Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Facebook (@JusSayinggBlog) and to visit the other posts. Furthermore, you can read the other album reviews that you will find here.


0 comentarios: