Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Top Five Videos - Charli XCX


Charlotte Emma Aitchison, better known by her stage name Charli XCX, is a British singer, songwriter and actress. She is about to release a new single called After the Afterparty, featuring Lil Yachty (it will be available on October 28th, 2016). Thus, I wanted to make a list of her best five music videos, before she release a new one.

Personally, I really like Charli's music style and I think she is very talented and original. On the other hand, her music videos are very entertaining and creative, so these five videos, according to me, are her best five.

5. Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom
 Charli said the following about their collaboration: "Sometimes we get aggressive, sometimes we get beautiful—he pushes me and I push him. I’m making beautiful party songs right now and this is just the start."


4. Charli XCX - You (Ha Ha Ha)
The controversial video finds Charli loading gun shells in a firearms factory and trading the lead tips for lipstick. Its release couldn't have been timed any worse coming just weeks after the Newtown, Connecticut, shooting. The singer issued a response saying in part, "The idea is to make lipstick, not war, but I'd like to say sorry if anyone has mistaken this video for advocating violence."


3. Charli XCX - Breaking Up 
This slice of brat-pop finds Charli bashing her former lover. "That song is really brutal - every time I sing it I feel bad for everyone of my ex-boyfriends," she told NME: "I feel like I'm making all the guys I ever dated cry," Charli added. "Which I kind of like."


2. Charli XCX - Doing It (ft.Rita Ora)
The clip features XCX and Ora as a pair of bandits who are chased into the desert by police in their pink truck. The police eventually catch up with them, but instead of busting the duo, they join in on the party. "I wanted it to be like this badass Barbie Thelma and Louise-esque video," Charli told Buzzfeed. "So we robbed a store with toy guns, rode a bucking bronco and nearly crashed a pink pick-up truck through the desert." 


1. Charli XCX - Famous 
On March 23rd, 2015, Charli released the music video as apart of the YouTube Video Awards. It satirizes modern technology and people’s obsession with it. Watch it by pressing play above!



What about you guys, what is your favorite Charli XCX's video? What video should have been in this list? Are you excited for her upcoming song? Leave a comment and follow me on Twitter and Facebook (@JusSayinggBlog). Furthermore, you will find new songs, videos, album reviews and more here!

0 comentarios: