Monday, January 29, 2018

The 60th GRAMMY Awards, do you agree with the winners?

Winners of the night
The 60th GRAMMY Awards were held on January 28th, 2018 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, so we already enjoyed the show and know who were the winners of a Grammy.

As I said in the previous post of this same topic, the nominees from this year were very "scandalous," because according to some people (and even me), the list of nominees in some categories were unfair and/or there were a missing of some other artists. In this post, I will show you the winners, my opinion about it and if I was right with the predictions that I did. Are you ready?! (Remember, I will talk just about the 20 most insteresting categories)
By the way, Bruno Mars was the king of the night and Kendrick Lamar was the prince.

1. Record Of The Year
WINNER: 24K Magic - Bruno Mars 
(My prediction were Redbone - Childish Gambino or HUMBLE. - Kendrick Lamar)

The truth is that it was a big surprise to me (and maybe for a lot of other people too), that Bruno have won this category. It's a good song, but I'm still not very sure if it was "the record of the year of 2017." However, I'm happy that "Despacito" didn't won (#SorryNotSorry).

2. Album Of The Year
WINNER: 24K Magic - Bruno Mars 
(My predictions were 4:44 - JAY-Z and DAMN. - Kendrick Lamar)

Another one for Bruno Mars! It was also the "surprise" of the night, I mean, Bruno won instead of Jay-z or Kendrick! Bruno Mars is an amazing artists, he dances well, sings well, and more; however, I don't feel like he should have won the category. On the other hand, I wanted that Lorde would won, because "Melodrama" is a masterpiece and I think that she deserved a Grammy for that album. For me, it was like a disrespect for Lorde and her album. She deserved more!

3. Song Of The Year
WINNER: That's What I Like - Bruno Mars
(My prediction was correct!)

This is the first category where I was right with my prediction, I chose Bruno Mars as the winner with his song "That's What I Like".

4. Best New Artist
WINNER: Alessia Cara
(My predictions were SZA and Khalid)

I'm not totally in agreement with the winner, but at the same time I feel like she deserved it. Nevertheless, I have to be honest and I wanted to see SZA winning this category.


5. Best Pop Solo Performance
WINNER: Shape Of You - Ed Sheeran
(My prediction was right!)

Even when I said that Ed was going to be the winner, I wanted to see Kesha winning her first Grammy for her song "Praying". But it's okay, Ed Sheeran deserved this Grammy for this category.


6. Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
WINNER: Feel It Still - Portugal. The Man
(I was right in my prediction!)

Again, I chose this song as the song that should win this category and I feel happy that Portugal. The Man won it.

7. Best Pop Vocal Album
WINNER: ÷ (Divide) - Ed Sheeran
(My prediction was correct)

8. Best Dance/Electronic Album

WINNER: 3-D The Catalogue - Kraftwerk
(My prediction was Mura Masa - Mura Masa)

I have to say that I disagree with this, because this is a live album and I feel like it's not that fair. Mura Masa deserved it!

9. Best Rock Album

WINNER: A Deeper Understanding - The War On Drugs
(My prediction was Hardwired...To Self-Destruct - Metallica)

10. Best Alternative Music Album
WINNER: Sleep Well Beast - The National
(My predictions were Humanz - Gorillaz and Everything Now - Arcade Fire)


11. Best R&B Performance
WINNER: That's What I Like - Bruno Mars
(My prediction was The Weekend - SZA)

Well, Bruno Mars was the king of the night and even when I'm not totally disagree, SZA (again) deserved a Grammy.

12. Best R&B Song
WINNER: That's What I Like - Bruno Mars
(My prediction was correct!)

13. Best Urban Contemporary Album
WINNER: Starboy - The Weeknd
(My prediction was correct!)

I'm so happy that The Weeknd won this category because, honestly, "Starboy" is an amazing album; however, this album is so good that it should have be nominated for more categories.  

14. Best R&B Album
WINNER: 24K Magic - Bruno Mars
(My prediction was right!)

15. Best Rap Performance

WINNER: HUMBLE. - Kendrick Lamar
(My predictions were Bodak Yellow - Cardi B and 4:44 - JAY-Z)

It's very surprising that Jay-z didn't won, but I agree with the decision of the academy.


16. Best Rap/Sung Performance

WINNER: LOYALTY. - Kendrick Lamar Featuring Rihanna
(My predictions was Family Feud - JAY-Z Featuring Beyoncé)

I agree with the decision of the record academy, they deserved it.



17. Best Rap Song

WINNER: HUMBLE. - Kendrick Lamar
(My prediction was correct!)

18. Best Rap Album
WINNER: DAMN.- Kendrick Lamar
(My prediction was correct!)
It's still very surprising that Jay-Z haven't won (again), but I'm happy for that, because let's be honest, Jay-Z already have like a million of Grammys.

19. Best Song Written For Visual Media
WINNER: How Far I'll Go - (Auli'i Cravalho) - Track from: Moana: The Songs
(My prediction was I Don't Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker) - (ZAYN & Taylor Swift) - Track from: Fifty Shades Darker)

20. Best Music Video

WINNER: HUMBLE. - Kendrick Lamar
(My prediction was correct!)

The music video for "HUMBLE." is pretty dope and well done; however, I wanted to see Jain winning her first Grammy for the music video of "Makeba".

I had 10 correct predictions (out of 20) and I feel good about that (ha!).  Some other artists also deserved a Grammy for what they did, but at the end, the people from the record academy decide who has to win. I have to say that I'm kind of sad, because Lorde didn't won something for "Melodrama", for me, it was "the album of the year."

Tell me guys, what do you think about my opinions? Do you agree? Write it down and let's keep in touch, comment and / or share this blog. Remember that the official twitter of this blog is @JusSayinggBlog and Facebook @JusSayinggBlog also my staff is on the left top of this page. Thanks for still been here and see you later with new posts!


0 comentarios: