Sunday, August 28, 2016

Album Review: Britney Spears - Glory

Album cover
Glory is the ninth studio album by American singer Britney Spears. Released the album on August 26th, 2016. The album has two versions the standard with 12 tracks and the deluxe has five more songs. I recommend to you to listen the deluxe version.

The last Britney's album that I really like is "Femme Fatale" (2011), because we have to admit that "Britney Jean" (2013) wasn't a good album, so I was expecting that "Glory" would change my thoughts about Britney. So she did it again! Britney Spears has returned and "Glory" is really great album.
"Invitation" is the opening track and was a great decision to have chosen this track as the first one, because as Britney said: "It really sets the tone for the whole album." In general, the album is full of party songs with catchy lyrics and danceable beats, so you won't find any ballad, but we don't need ballads when the whole album makes you dance, right? In "Glory" you will find songs about lust and sex, such as: the first single from this era "Make Me...", featuring G-Eazy that is also the only collaboration, "Just Luv Me" that is almost a ballad (but it isn't) it has a nice slow rhythm and its message is beautiful, "Love Me Down", "Do You Wanna Come Over?". But I think that "Slumber Party" is actually the hotter song from this album, because she's not talking about a "real" slumber party. (You know what I mean)

From the "Glory" booklet.
If you want something more electronic, "Clumsy" the second promotional single from "Glory" is perfect, as well "If I'm Dancing" that has a dope and weird beat (but cool at the same time) and in this same list, "Better" that is a song produced by BloodPop, this track is also very lustful and the beat is pretty good. However, my favorite song is "Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés)", that comes in the deluxe version of "Glory" (that's why you should listen the deluxe), this biligual song will make you dance and sing, because it's so fucking catchy, this song is fire and Britney sounds sexy singing in Spanish.
"And don't get me wrong, I appreciate ya
And don't get me wrong, I really do
And don't get me wrong, but I'm tired of waiting
Say you don't wanna cross the line"

In "Glory" there are several rhythms and stuff, but there are two songs that are musically similar, I'm talking about "Private Show" and "What You Need", in this last track, Britney plays with her vocals doing different sounds with her voice. Furthermore, there are songs of breakups and failed relationships, such as: "Man on the Moon", "Liar" and "Just Like Me". The deluxe version ends with a song in French called "Coupure Électrique", which its translation is blackout.

Just to finish with this album review, "Glory" is a great album and Britney Spears has exceeded my expectations. I'm pretty sure that if you don't like Britney's style, with this album you will change your mind.

Britney Spears - Glory: ★★★★★  

Now is your time to give your opinion, do you already heard it? Did you liked this new album? What was your favorite song? Leave all your comments about it and follow me on Twitter and Facebook. Also share it with more people to read it.


0 comentarios: