Wednesday, August 3, 2016

You Should Listen to... BANKS


Every Wednesday will be day of "You Should Listen to..." as part of the new sections from Jus' Sayingg and today, I decided to talk about BANKS:

Jillian Rose Banks, known simply as Banks, is an American singer and songwriter from Orange County, California. 

About her music: 
Genres: Alternative R&B, trip hop, alternative pop.

Discography: 
Goddess (2014) (Debut album)
The Altar (Upcoming album 2016) 

Her most famous songs: "Waiting Game" "Beggin for Thread" 

I decided to talk about Banks for several reasons, such as, she is pretty talented as songwriter, her tone of voice is unique, she sings songs full of truth, she has a unique music style and because I really like her and I think that you should know her, she worth it.

The first song that I heard was "This Is What It Feels Like", a dark pop ballad with electronic beats and catchy lyrics, this song is so ecstatic. I remember that when she released "Goddess", her debut album, I downloaded in the first day of its release, because I wanted to see if the album was as good as the song and I found unforgetable ballads with beautiful lyrics. 
Cover of her debut album
For those who didn't know, she's about to release her second studio album and I'm very excited, because the three songs that she has released from it, are so different to each other, so it means that "The Altar" (the title of the upcoming album) will have different music genres and messages.
So, if it's the first time you hear about Banks, don't worry! Never is too late to start listening to a new artist, actually, you are in the best moment, because she is about to starting a new era.

I will publish her newest single called "Gemini Feed" that is amazing, take a listen!

Tell me, did you like this new section? Do you already knew Banks? What's your favorite Banks' song? (If you know her) Write all your comments and follow me and visit me daily for more new posts.


0 comentarios: