Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Top Five Videos: Katy Perry


Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson, known professionally as Katy Perry, is an American singer and songwriter that has published two of the most viewed music videos of the story, I'm talking about "Roar" and "Dark Horse". However, it wasn't the reason that made me choose her today. I decided to present you her top five videos, because she's about to release the music video for her latest single "Rise", taken from her upcoming fifth studio album.

I will chose just five videos, that personally are her best music videos. Furthermore, I will give you some interesting facts about them.

5. Katy Perry - Hot N Cold
This ascended to the top 10 of the Adult Contemporary chart in its 34th week, marking the longest climb to the top 10 by a female artist. 

"You change your mind like a girl changes clothes
Yeah, you PMS like a bitch
I would know
And you overthink, always speak cryptically"


4. Katy Perry - California Gurls (ft. Snoop Dogg)
The song's music video was directed by Mathew Cullen, the founder of Los Angeles-based production company Motion Theory. It is a candy-coated sweet affair featuring a whole lot of confectioneries but not so much of California.

"You could travel the world
But nothing comes close to the golden coast
Once you party with us
You'll be falling in love, oh oh"


3. Katy Perry - Wide Awake
Perry penned the song specifically for her Katy Perry: Part of Me movie. "I was doing this movie and they asked me if I wanted to write an end-title song for the movie," she told MTV News, "and I was like, 'I know exactly what I want to say.'

"Yeah, I was in the dark
I was falling hard
With an open heart
I'm wide awake"


2. Katy Perry - Unconditionally 
"I love this song because not only can it be a romantic, intimate song, but it can be about the type of love that a mother has when she sees her first child, or best friends or partners," Perry added. "It's a transcendent love, it's not just relationship status."

"Come just as you are to me
Don't need apologies
Know that you are worthy
I'll take your bad days with your good"


1. Katy Perry - Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)
The song's music video was filmed in May 2011. Perry created for the clip a nerdy 13-year-old alter-ego named Kathy Beth Terry, who is fond of astronomy and '90s teenage heartthrobs. 
Personally, this is my favorite music video by Katy Perry and the song is also one of my favorite ones. 

"Pictures of last night ended up online
I'm screwed, oh well
It's a blacked out blur, but I'm pretty sure it ruled
Damn"


Hey readers! Tell me, what is your favorite music video by Katy Perry? Remember that you can leave here your comments and follow me on Twitter and Facebook. Share this post if you like it and visit me daily for more interesting information.

0 comentarios: