Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Album Review: NAO - For All We Know

Album cover
Neo Jessica Joshua, better known as Nao, is a British singer-songwriter from East London. Her sound has been described as soul combined with electronic music, funk and R&B. She has released "For All We Know" as her debut album on July 29th, 2016.

I have to say that I'm a new fan of her music, because the first song that I heard, I heard a few days ago. However, I already knew of her existence, thanks to "Superego" song taken from Disclosure's second album "Caracal". But with "Fool to Love" (the first song that I heard), I noticed that she was a great new singer to listen.
"For All We Know" has 18 tracks, which four are short interludes that decorate the album from beginning to end and it has a great vibe with funk beats. "Get to Know Ya" is the second track, but the first song after the intro, is an electro-R&B/funk crossover, with an electronic guitar sound. Personally, the album is very relaxing, but ecstatic at the same time, her voice is so sweet and powerful. You will find songs mainly about love and breakups. "Adore You" (featuring Abhi//Dijon) is the cheesy song, while "In the Morning" is the strongest song, because of its message that talks about a woman who realized that she doesn't love her lover anymore and she has to let him go. It also has an electronic beat that makes it more dramatic. This track is followed up by "Trophy" (featuring A.K. Paul), I love its message and the guitar sounds great! 


"Bad Blood" is the next song and it was the second song that I heard. I have to admit that with this song she reminded me to AlunaGeorge's music style. However, once I heard the whole album, I realized that NAO's music is truly different, it's not even similar, both are great and unique.
“Dywm” is the eleventh song off NAO’s debut album and it is my favorite one, I love its rhythm and the lyrics are beautiful:

"So you heard it all before
And I haven't even told you
That you’re more than I adore
It's so clear that it's outrageous"

This song is for those who have a crush. While, "Happy" and "We Don't Give A" are like those songs that makes you feel better. 

"For All We Know" is one of the best albums debut of the year and NAO shines in the whole album, because of her voice and her original music style. The whole album is a masterpiece, the songs will touch your heart. Do yourself a favor, listen this album.

NAO - For All We Know: ★★★★★  

I would like to know your opinion about it. Do you like NAO's music style? Did you already listen to this album? What was your favorite song? 
Don't forget that you can find this blog on Twitter and Fcaebook too! Also, share it with friends and visit me daily.


0 comentarios: