Thursday, August 4, 2016

My Collection: Capital Cities - In a Tidal Wave of Mystery


It's Thursday of "My Collection" and I decided to chose one of the best album debut that I've ever heard. I'm talking about:

In a Tidal Wave of Mystery the debut studio album of American indie pop duo Capital Cities, released on June 4th, 2013.

Top songs: "Safe and Sound", "Kangaroo Court"

My favorite song: "I Sold My Bed, But Not My Stereo"

I still remember the first song that I heard, it was "Kangaroo Court" and I heard it on the radio, actually, this song was very famous when it was released, because I used to heard it several times on radio. However, I didn't know what was the name of the song and / or the singer, until one beautiful day while I was watching TV, the music video of the song came out and I was excited, because I liked the song and I wanted to know its name. Then I started watching more of their videos and I decided to download their album, actually, I downloaded it while I was in my school.
As you can see, I love buy CDs, so when I heard the whole album I realized that it  was an amazing album with great songs and their music style was very original and I just wanted to buy it on CD format and I did it! However, it wasn't so easy for me to have bought it. Here in the city where I live, there aren't several stores to buy CDs and sometimes, I can't find all the CDs that I want and it's even more difficult if the artist, band or DJ isn't very famous. But one day, while I was about to buy other CD (I was going to buy Lana's "Born to Die") I saw it on the shelf and I was like "It's here!", so I decided to buy "In a Tidal Wave of Mystery" instead of "Born to Die" (it was more easy to buy this CD another day), because it was the only copy of "In a Tidal Wave of Mystery" in all the stores where I buy CDs, so I had to buy it.


If you don't listen to this duo, you should do it, because they have an amazing vibe and their music style is very original. "In a Tidal Wave of Mystery" has 12 synth-pop tracks. I have several favorite songs, such as: "Origami", "Tell Me How to Live", "Kangaroo Court" and "I Sold My Bed, But Not My Stereo" I feel very related with the message of the song, because I prefer music than any other thing in my life, I will write my favorite quote of it:

"Black is my favorite color
Makes me feel like we know each other
In a town of ones and zeros
You are one magnetic hero"

While, "Chasing You" (featuring Soseh) is perfect too, I like its rhythm and the lyrics are pretty catchy. In general, "In a Tidal Wave of Mystery" is fresh and that's why Capital Cities is part of my collection.

I want to know. Do you like this album? What is you favorite song from it? Do you like to buy CDs? Write all your comments here and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, etc.


















0 comentarios: