Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Album Review: MAGIC! - Primary Colours

Album cover
Today, I will give my album review about "Primary Colours", the second studio album by Canadian reggae-fusion group MAGIC! The album was released on July 1st, 2016.

If you thought that after "Rude", their hit this band would disappear, you're wrong, because they are more alive than never! "Primary Colours" only has ten tracks, but are enough to make this a good album. I have to admit that, it is the first album that I hear from these Canadians, because I didn't hear their debut album, actually, the only song that I knew was "Rude". However, I knew that they had a unique music style.

In general, this new album keeps their reggae vibe and it has songs about love, hope and relationships. Most of the album have fast tracks, but "I Need You" and "No Regrets" are ballads. Talking about "No Regrets", it is a beautiful song, where MAGIC! reminds us that it's better to live our life like there's no tomorrow. While, "Gloria" and "Red Dress" are the most suggestives tracks. Furthermore, there are one song that catch my eye for its message, I'm talking about the seventh track "No Sleep", that talks about the difficult life of a parent, who still misses his past life as a single. It is a very honest song, I'm pretty sure that many young parents may feel closely related to the message of this song. On the other hand, my favorite song is "Dance Monkey", I like its rhythm and the message is very interesting. I think they are talking about the "shadow" of their hit "Rude", because it says:

"And I wrote a simple song
An honest message from my hear

When I sang it to the crowd
It was not the same applause
I could hear them screaming out
You know what we came here for" 
       
(Maybe the people prefers to hear "Rude" than a different song)

I really liked this album, but sadly I don't think that it will be as successful as their debut album. I recommend you to listen to this album, you will not regret it.

MAGIC! - Primary Colours: ★★★★★  

I said that it was going to be an interactive blog, so please write your comments and let's talk about it. Do you like this band? Did you already listen to this album? What was your favorite song? 
Don't forget that you can find this blog on Twitter and Fcaebook too!



0 comentarios: