Saturday, July 16, 2016

Album Review: Shura - Nothing's Real

Album cover
The British '80s-inspired synth-pop musician Shura has released her debut album called "Nothing's Real", it was released on July 8th, 2016 and today, I will give my review about this original album.

The first Shura's song that I heard was "Make It Up", that it's part of this album and with that song, she caught me with her 80s vibe. I have to admit that the first time that I heard the whole album, I wasn't sure if it was a good album or not. However, after four times listening to this album, I understood the idea of this cool concept that Shura has created.

"Nothing's Real" features 13 tracks and as I said before, it has an 80s vibe and it's pure synth-pop. After the intro "(i)", the second track is “Nothing’s Real” it sets the synth-pop tone of the album. In general, most of the tracks have fast melodies, except three ballads: "Touch", "2Shy" and  "Kidz 'N' Stuff", this last one is connected with the following song that is "Indecision" and the transition sounds pretty cool. "Nothing's Real" is mainly about heartbreaks, breakups and frustrations of unreciprocated love, actually, my favorite song is about this last one issue. 
My favorite song was "Tongue Tied", I love its mesage, the rhythm is amazing  and I feel very related to this track. I don't  want to explain its message, just read it ( and if you can listen it):

"And you're always on my mind
(Don't wanna be)
I see the answer in your eyes
But you need a reason why
(Don't wanna be)
I'd rather lose it all for you
Than regret things I didn't do
Don't wanna be alone
Cause you're what I want"

It's a masterpiece, isn't it? My favorite song is followed by "Make It Up" (the first song that I heard). Which has an interesting story behind: "Shura had just been broken up with and had to go home in a separate direction to her now ex girlfriend. She was crying on the tube and no one noticed… or they were to awkward to reach out. She felt like I was outside of herself."

I really liked this album, I loved its vibe and the songs are amazing. Shura has made one of the best debut albums from the year and she deserves your attention. If you don't know her, is never too late to do it, you won't regret it. If you like synth-pop and 80s music, Shura is perfect for you.

Shura - Nothing's Real (Album): ★★★★★  

I said that it was going to be an interactive blog, so please write your comments and let's talk about it. Do you like Shura's music style? Did you already listen to this album? What was your favorite song? 
Don't forget that you can find this blog on Twitter and Fcaebook too!

Listen Shura's album on Spotify


0 comentarios: