Thursday, July 14, 2016

My Collection: Years & Years - Communion



Hello! To all the readers who decided read this post called "My Collection", where I (the writer of this blog) will talk about some of the albums that I have bought and why I bought it, I will try to do it every Thursday.

Today, I decided to choose one of my favorite albums of all the times. I'm talking about:

Communion the debut studio album by British electronica trio Years & Years. It was released on July 10th, 2015. It has two editions, the standard with 13 tracks and the deluxe with four bonus tracks.

Top songs: "King", "Take Shelter", "Desire", "Shine".

My favorite song: "Desire"

The story of how I started listening to Y&Y was because of fate. One day (it was in 2015), I was visiting Marina and The Diamonds' official Twitter and I read a tweet, where she was talking about the vocals of the singer from Y&Y (she was talking about Olly) and she also posted the music video of "King". When I saw that tweet I was like "If Marina likes it, I like it too!" And I clicked on it. Since that day they are part of my playlist, I loved their music style and I remember that when that song ended, I downloaded their EP called "Y & Y" that have four tracks, "Take Shelter", "Desire", "King" and "Memo". I remember to listen it all day, every day, always.
On the other hand, when they released "Communion" I was very happy, because finally I was going to hear more songs. However, I didn't buy the CD when it was released, because I was waiting for the deluxe version, guess what?! It never arrived to my city, so I had to buy the standard version. I was trying to buy the deluxe version by internet, but it was very expensive because it was going to be imported.

If you haven't heard it yet, do it! I always have thought that is better listen to the whole album than just the "most famous" songs from it, it gives you a better idea of the concept of the album and I also prefer to buy it in CD format than online.

I want to know your opinion about it. Do you like Years & Years' music? Do you like "Communion"? What is your favorite song? Leave your comments down below and you can share it if you liked what you read.



















0 comentarios: