Thursday, July 21, 2016

My Collection: Rihanna - Unapologetic



Today is Thursday of "My Collection" and I decided to talk about the Grammy winner album for Best Urban Contemporary Album at the 2014 ceremony. 

Unapologetic is the seventh studio album by Barbadian singer Rihanna. It was released on November 19th, 2012.

Top songs: "Diamonds", "Stay" (featuring Mikky Ekko), "Pour It Up" 

My favorite song: "Lost in Paradise"

I listen to Rihanna's music since I was a child. I remeber that the first song that I heard was "Pon de Replay", when I was in elementary school! And I still remember the day when I saw the music video in the house of one of my classmates of elementary school. Since that day, Rihanna has been part of my life and playlist.
I'm that kind of person that loves to buy CDs and Rihanna is part of my collection. "Unapologetic" isn't the only Rihanna's album that I have. However, it was the first Rihanna's album that I bought and it is the deluxe version, which has three bonus tracks and one DVD that is the "First Look: 2012 Loud Tour Live at the O2" (That i also have).

"Unapologetic" is mainly a pop and R&B album that incorporates elements of dubstep, hip hop, EDM and reggae. Personally, it is one of her more complex albums, talking about the music genres that were mixed on it. I remember that the first time that I heard the whole album in my stereo, at the end of listen it, I was like "it doesn't sound to Rihanna", I was kind of confused, because "Talk That Talk" (released before "Unapologetic") was more pop and less "dark" in sounds than this one, so I have to say that at first I hadn't liked it. However, and as I always say, if you want to understand the concept of an album, you have to listen it more of three times, not only once.

The most vulnerable track are "What Now" and "Stay" featuring Mikky Ekko. Where we can hear a melancholic Rihanna singing about one of the hardest and complex feelings, that is love. Maybe the lighter song is "Right Now" a collaboration with David Guetta, that is also the only electronic song, because in general, this album talks about, spend money, drugs, heartbreaks and confidence.

It is a great album, it isn't easy to understand, but once you get it, you love it.

I want to know. Do you like this album? What is you favorite song from "Unapologetic"? Do you like to buy CDs? Write all your comments here and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, etc.





0 comentarios: