Wednesday, September 21, 2016

You Should Listen to... NAO


Today is wednesday, so is day of "You Should Listen to..." and I decided to choose one of my new favorite singer, her name is NAO.

Neo Jessica Joshua, better known as NAO, is a British singer-songwriter from East London. 

About her music: 
Genres: electronic music, funk and R&B.

Discography: 
For All We Know (debut album released in 2016).

Her most famous songs: "Bad Blood" and "Girlfriend".

The first time that I saw her name, was in the song "Superego", taken from Disclosure's second album "Caracal" and I really loved her voice. However, I few months ago, I decided to look more info about her and was when I heard "Bad Blood" one of her first songs that she released this year and when I heard her unique music style, I fell in love with her. But I wanted to listen more of her music, so I heard one of her EPs called "February 15" and she stole my heart.


Talking more about her music style, Nao sounds pretty original and even when her tone of voice is reminds me to Aluna's voice (from AlunaGeorge) Nao plays with her voice in a way that she can sing in different ways, I mean, from soft voice she becomes it in a deeper voice, like in "Bad Blood". Also, her songs have beautiful mesages and, in general, she sings about love and heartbreaks. Actually, one of my favorite songs from her debut album is "In the Morning", which is about a breakup and the song is so ecstatic and the way in which she sings the song, makes you feel her pain, it's amazing!

However, if you want to dance, she also have tracks with a danceable funky beat, such as: "Happy", "We Don't Give A", "Fool to Love" and "Get to Know Ya". Also, her debut album released on July 29th, 2016, received an average score of 82% based on 14 reviews, indicating "universal acclaim". So now you know, if you really want to listen to a great music, Nao's debut album is the indicated for you.

For this and much more you should listen to NAO's music.

Read here the album review of her debut album

Tell me guys, do you already knew  about NAO? What's your favorite NAO's song? (If you know her) Write all your comments and follow me on Twitter and Facebook (@JusSayinggBlog) and visit me daily for more new posts. Also share it with friends and more people.


0 comentarios: