Thursday, September 22, 2016

Album Review: AlunaGeorge - I Remember

Album cover
I Remember is the second studio album by British electronic music duo AlunaGeorge. It was released on September 16th, 2016. The album includes collaborations with Popcaan, Zhu, Leikeli47, Dreezy, Flume and Pell.

I listen to AlunaGeorge's music since 2013, when they released they debut album "Body Music" and I remember that in those days, I was very obsessed with electro-pop music, so AlunaGeorge's music became in one of my favorite music duos, because of their original music style and Aluna's voice.
"I Remember" features twelve tracks and four collaborations, from which just one is a ballad, so the whole album will make you dance and sing. Rhytmically this new album shows a difference from their debut album, for me, it means that they explored new beats and they worked with new producers, I really noticed a musical growth in AlunaGeorge's career. 

In "I Remember" you will hear amazing and dope beats, with great messages and unforgettable lyrics. Talking rhythmically it is an electro-pop album with some R&B tracks and you will hear a lot of tropical sounds. Lyrically there are songs about love, breakups, empowering anthems and more, you will find several songs that could match your life. For example, if you want to hear songs about love "Full Swing" (featuring Pell) and "In My Head" are the perfect ones, this last one has an amazing beat that will make you dance and sing, because its chorus is too catchy. One of the most emotional songs, according to Aluna is "Not Above Love", she said the following about it: “I think this song speaks for itself, it was a moment where I was really stuck in this emotional… that point where you keep going round and round and you can’t snap out of it and a friend of mine really just explained to me that this person was promising things but not actually delivering anything and they were just stealing my obsessive energy that I was giving to that person.”

"I'm not gonna call you in
Cause you're taking everything
You keep robbing my heart like a bank
No thank you, no thank you" 


"My Blood", in collaboration with ZHU, Aluna said that it was the first song she has written that is overtly political, it is "about her ambivalence engaging with certain political movements". However, if you want to listen to a good ballad, "Mediator" is the perfect for you and believe me, it is one of the best tracks from the album, its message is amazing and the rhythm is ecstatic. While, my favorite song was "Hold Your Head High", there are other tracks that have the same party vibe, such as:  "Mean What I Mean" (featuring Leikeli47 and Dreezy) and "I'm in Control" (featuring Popcaan), both have a tropical vibe.  

If I should choose the songs that have the most powerful messages "I Remember" and "Jealous" would be the chosen ones, because both have that kind of lyrics that makes you think about the difficult part of being in a relationship. Furthermore, "Heartbreak Horizon" for me it is about, when you're with a person that don't make you grow and don't let you go. While the last track describes me, it is called "Wanderlust" and as the title says, it is about when you want to explore new places even though you may have to "lose" something or somebody.

"I Remember" is one of my favorite albums so far, so if you haven't listen it, you shouldn't waste more time, it is a masterpiece! Thanks AlunaGeorge.

AlunaGeorge - I Remember: ★★★★★  

Now it's your turn to write your comment about it. Did you liked this album? What was your favorite song? Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Facebook (@JusSayinggBlog) and to visit the other posts.


0 comentarios: